Tugs, Barges & Offshore
TUG, BARGE AND OFFSHORE OPERATIONS
Tug, Barge and Offshore operations are particularly weather sensitive operation requiring a great deal of skill in the wheel house. Weather conditions directly impact decisions that put the crew, vessel and cargo at risk. Fleetweather’s experienced marine meteorologists provide expert assistance to Tug/Barge Masters and Offshore Operators, helping them make critical decisions with regard to weather and other environmental issues. Our unique blend of weather and deck knowledge is a valuable asset to the Master of a Tug and Barge unit or an Offshore Manager or Operator. Fleetweather’s professionals can assist with go or no-go decisions, sailing longer coastal routes for protection, sailing direct to save distance and time as well a complete weather decision assitance. 24/7/365 consultation service is always included , to allow your dispatchers and Masters direct phone or e-mail access to our Marine Meteorologists when critical decisions need to be made.
On a regular basis we assist Tow Operators in sorting our localized weather conditions, large scale weather systems and how they will impact each and every offshore or coastal voyage. Our meteorologists take into account exact vessel type, cargo and any special concerns the Master may have.
Common Questions From our Tug and Barge Customers!
- Heading from Maine down to Delaware Bay, how does it look on approach and departure from the Cape Cod canal?
- From the Cape Cod Canal heading south, should I remain close to the beach or should I venture offshore to save some distance/time?
- Heading north from the Gulf is it more advantageous to take the Gulf Steam or should I avoid it for weather reasons?
- Are any “Blue Northers” forseen in the Gulf of Mexico in the next 7 days?
- When will there be a break in the NNW gale conditions between Point Reyes, CA and Cape Mendocino?
Our professional marine meteorologists know that weather plays a major role in the success of a Tug/Barge operation. Teaming your skilled Tug Masters with Fleetweather’s skilled marine meteorologists will provide a unique operational asset designed to minimize risk to your Vessel, Crew and Cargo, while controlling operational costs through offshore weather efficiency!
Contact FleetWeather today for more information, to request our services or to schedule a trial voyage.
CONTACT US – for more information, questions, sample reports or to receive a price quote
REQUEST SERVICE – request FleetWeather’s services using our secure online web request form